Livestock Update Zoom Webinar
Thursday, November, 19th 7:00pm-8:15pm
This Zoom webinar is for Fair Boards, Superintendents, Livestock/Sales Committees, Extension Personnel and Agri-Science Teachers (FFA)
Register (The system will email you the connecting information for the meeting)
Submit Questions ahead of time: Submit questions
(Deadline to submit questions is Wednesday, November 18th by Noon)
Agenda for the Webinar: (Roughly 15 minutes per topic)
- Animal Health update – all species – Dr. Konkle, Wisconsin State Veterinarian
- Dr. Konkle will give an update on what fairs need to be aware of related to the current animal disease landscape. Rabbit hemorrhagic fever, details on animal health guidelines for fairs in 2021 and much more.
- Ractopamine – Dr. Steve Moeller, Swine Extension Specialist, The Ohio State University
- Dr. Moeller will talk about ractopamine restrictions as it relates to Asian export markets and how this will impact fairs in 2021.
- YQCA update – Bernie O’Rourke, Extension Youth Livestock Specialist, Animal & Dairy Science Department, UW Madison; and YQCA State Committee Members
- Please review the attached documents related to YQCA certification.
- It is WI State Fair’s prerogative to illustrate policies for their event, in this case accepting 2020 YQCA certifications for the 2021 fair that are beyond the 12 month valid certification period. However, exhibitors need to be aware that other shows and marketing opportunities to processors/buying stations may not be available unless you have a valid YQCA certification at the time of event or sale. In addition, the YQCA national board does not recognize certifications beyond the 12 month valid certification period.
- Bernie will update viewers on Wisconsin and national data in terms of numbers and knowledge gained from the National YQCA board.
- Swine Health Rule Update – AV Roth, Chairmen, Swine Health Committee
- AV will give an update on the swine health rule and what the committee has been discussing this past year.
- Processing plant update