Manitowoc Extension is partnering with American Heart Association to host a HeartCorps position at Extension. HeartCorps is the American Heart Association version of AmeriCorps. This is an 11-month position with pay and tuition stipend. Details here https://www.heart.org/en/volunteer/opportunities/heartcorps
- The position will work with UW-Extension, the Manitowoc County Health Department (and potentially other partners) help lead work on nutrition, self-measured blood pressure and more. (Here is the job description for the same role in W. Wisconsin)
- The full-time position will start January 23rd and run through about the end of September.
- Members will receive:
- A living allowance equating to $15/hr
- A $6500 educational stipend upon completion (transferable to family members)
- Access to health, vision, and dental insurance if not otherwise covered
- Laptop, uniforms, and extensive professional development training
Ideal candidates could include:
- Recent high school/college grads especially those interested in “public health”
- Individuals looking for a career change or wanting to reenter the workforce
- An “early” retiree (teacher, firefighter, or whomever) who wants to give back while being compensated for it.
Because the position will require a federal background check, we need to receive interested applications ASAP (by about 1/9 at the latest).
The easiest way for someone to apply is to email their resume and geographic preference(s) to email@example.com. Copy Tim and Laura on that message so that we can assist/ensure things keep moving.