The Manitowoc County Association for Home and Community Education (HCE) is a non-profit, educational, and service organization. Membership is open to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, ethnic background, residence or economic circumstances.
Reasons to belong to the Manitowoc County HCE Association are:
- Sense of being a part of something worthwhile
- An opportunity to gain personal satisfaction
- A feeling of being wanted
- An opportunity to be with and work with others
- A chance to use or develop skills and talents
- An opportunity to stay active and involved
- A sense of contribution to the community and neighbors
Registration Forms (New Individual) Affirmative Action Become a member today!
2019 Manitowoc County HCE Officers are:
President: Amy Kohlmann
Vice-President of Programming: Nancy Oehldrich
Vice-Presidents of Family and Community Life: Cindy Christianson
Secretary: Linda Verlinden
Treasurer: Phyllis Hickmann
Program Book 2018
April Study Focus: April Study Focus-Be Food Wise to Reduce Food Waste 4-2018
Spring Salad Supper
Spring into Action
Date: Wednesday, May 2
Location: First Reformed United Church of Christ
3613 Waldo Blvd
Manitowoc WI 54220
Registration: 4:30 PM
Meal: 5:30 PM
Additional HCE Information
- HCE By-laws
- Good Morning WAHCE Northeast District Officers, FLE’s and County Presidents,Calumet County will be hosting the 2016 WAHCE Northeast Districtmeeting in Fall 2016. We have set a date and confirmed our venuefor the fall meeting. We wanted to get this information to all of youto include in your 2016 HCE County Program booklets and save the dateon your 2016 Calendar.2016 WAHCE NORTHEAST DISTRICT FALL MEETINGDATE: Thursday, October 20th, 2016VENUE: Cobblestone Creek Dining & Banquet740 West Ryan Street (located on Hwy. 10)Brillion, WI
Sue Schultz, PresidentCalumet County Association of Home & Community Education
Nitrate Screening at the Manitowoc County Fair
HCE collaborates with the Manitowoc County Soil and Water Department to assist them in an effort to increase the number of private wells tested each year.
Nitrate Screening Results:
Any Manitowoc County resident interested in getting their well water tested should contact the Soil and Water Department at (920) 683-4183. When calling, state that you saw this offer on the Family Living website.
HCE Scholarship Applications
Application Form – Student Scholarship The Manitowoc County Association for Home and Community Education will award two $500 scholarships annually. Applicants may be seniors in high school or college students continuing their education. Applicants must be sons, daughters, or grandchildren of a current Manitowoc County Association for Home and Community Education member. This scholarship can be used for any field of advanced study. The deadline to apply is April 1st of the current year.
Ardith McDowell International Scholarship This $250 scholarship is available to WAHCE members only, for travel to a WAHCE supported international project. This scholarship may be received once in three years and is to be used for travel expenses. The deadline to apply is June 1st of the current year.
Memorial Leadership Application This $200 scholarship is for WAHCE members only for leadership training so members can become capable, willing, and enthusiastic leaders in the organization. The deadline to apply is June 30th of the current year.
Ruth B. Sayre ApplicationThis $500 general education scholarship is available to a woman who is a resident of North or South America, who shows financial need, and has the ability to complete her education. The deadline to apply is March 1st of the current year.